University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca
Since 1869

flag ro 

The Educational Experimental Station

Named the “Mănăștur Farm”, the current Educational Experimental Station of the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, was established in 1869 along with the Institute of Agriculture, representing the general frame for students’ and educational staff’s practice and scientific research. It represented a strong core regarding the improvement of the agriculture in Transylvania and in Romania. 

In 06.04.1993, following the Draft Government Resolution no. 123 regarding the organization and the functioning of the Educational Experimental Stations within the structure of the agricultural higher education institutions, the Educational Experimental Station “Mănăștur Farm”, Cluj-Napoca is established under the authority of the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Cluj-Napoca, with a 470 ha agricultural real estate, of which 455,5 farm field and 366,4 ha arable land.

In the year 2000 the Cojocna farm, representing a 667,1 ha surface and the lands belonging to the Jucu Research – Development and Production Station for Pasture Culture (1301 ha agricultural real estate, of which, 660 ha arable land) were returned to the Educational Experimental Station

The scope of the activity of the Educational Experimental Station is represented by the following:

  • Practical training of the students in regard to fields animal science enterprises endowed with modern technological equipment
  • Development of the research activity by teachers and students
  • Seed and seedlings  production
  • Animal husbandry and selection
  • Agricultural products (of vegetal and animal nature) industrialization and capitalization

Information

SDE USAMV Cluj-Napoca
3-5 Mănăștur str.
Cluj-Napoca
Tel: 0264-596384 int. 113
Fax: 0264-593792